Staying Safe is No Trick or Treat
Can't make the Pumpkin Express? Planning on being out of town? Want advice to share with others? Don't get tricked this Halloween, staying safe is the biggest treat!
Don't put you or your family at risk. Here are a few tips on traditional activities to avoid:
- Halloween gatherings, events, parties with non-household members, and bars.
- Carnivals, festivals, haunted houses and live entertainment.
- Door-to-door trick or treating.
- Trunk or Treat events.
Instead, Dallas County experts recommend other activities to have fun and enjoy Halloween...while protecting your health. Here are a few activities which are safe and spooky:
- Online parties/contests.
- Car parades.
- Halloween movie nights, at home or try a night at the drive-in movie theater.
- Halloween-themed meals with your family at home or in an outdoor setting at your favorite restaurants.
- Scavenger hunt style candy searches around your home or yard with family members.
If you go out for Halloween, please remember to wear your mask, maintain social distancing, wash your hands frequently and get your flu shot. Avoiding illness is the ultimate treat.