Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
A COVID-19 drive-thru testing site opened today in Sachse. It’s located at Walmart, 8015 Woodbridge Parkway, Sachse. The drive-thru testing is site is in the parking lot and supported by Walmart, eTrueNorth, along with state and local officials. The site is available to test anyone who meets guidelines outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in addition to those issued by state and local officials. People who should be tested include first responders, health care providers and others with symptoms of COVID-19 and those in high risk groups without symptoms.
Those interested in being tested need to visit www.DoINeedaCOVID19test.com to see if they’re eligible for testing and to make an appointment. “Walmart is part of the community, and we are proud to help support the expansion of COVID-19 testing in Dallas during this unprecedented time,” said Laurie Smalling Letts, Walmart Public Affairs Director for Texas. “We are grateful to our associates who keep our stores running, our pharmacists who support these testing sites, and to eTrueNorth and local officials as we work together to open the site and help our community.”
Details on the COVID-19 testing site:
• Beginning today, the site is open from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays weekly, weather permitting.
• Appointments must be made through eTrueNorth’s online portal at www.DoINeedaCOVID19test.com, which screens individuals to ensure they meet CDC eligibility for testing.
• For questions regarding testing, call 800-635-8611.
• People being tested need to wear as mask and stay in their cars for verification of eligibility criteria, ID check and self-administered test. For the safety of all those on-site, the test site is not available to those who walk up.
• The site will use a self-administered nasal swab test which allows those being tested to swab their own nose onsite while in their vehicles, observed by a trained medical volunteer to ensure the sample is taken correctly, and then dropped in the sealed sample into a container on their way out of the drive-thrusite.
• eTrueNorth handles processing test samples and communicating results to those tested and applicable Departments of Health.
• The site is staffed by Walmart healthcare professionals.
• Testing is not available inside the Walmart store.
• While individuals who are tested await results, please follow CDC guidelines and take steps to prevent the virus from spreading to people in your home and community.
For everyone’s safety and for the privacy of those being tested, media should not attempt to enter the testing site and stay in the designated media area.