Sachse residents voted to approve the four propositions included on November 2021 bond election ballot. The projects include:
- Designing the expansion and upgrades to Sachse Road, from Miles Road to the city limits. These updates include the construction of the road, along with associated sidewalks, drainage, signage, lighting, curbs, traffic safety improvements, landscaping and more for $23,385,000.
- Additionally, $20,650,000 would be utilized for upgrading and developing several City of Sachse streets and roads. This includes traffic safety, sidewalks and pedestrian right of ways, curbs and related drainage, utility relocations and more. The roads or streets are:
- Bailey-Hooper Road, from SH 78 to Sachse Road
- Williford Road, from SH 78 to Bailey Road
- West Creek Lane, from Sachse Road to Timbercreek Court
- Reconstructing $5,000,000 worth of City of Sachse neighborhood and residential streets within the city limits. This could include expanding the roads or streets, enhancing or creating sidewalks, intersections, providing lighting, traffic safety, drainage improvements and more.
- $5,000,000 to design and construct a new City animal shelter, to facilitate adoptions.
The City will post updates about the Bond 2021 projects on this page as information becomes available.
Updated on June 22, 2022
Sign installed in front of current animal shelter on Friday, May 20.
|New City Animal Shelter Project||2022 Start|
|February 7, 2022 |
Update provided by Chief Sylvester Pg. 190
|March 21, 2022|
Architect Services Agreement Executed with Ron Hobbs Architecture & Interior Design Pg. 50
|June 20, 2022|
Update provided by Chief Sylvester Pg. 38
|Bailey-Hooper Road, from SH 78 to Sachse Road||2022 Start|
|January 18, 2022|
Professional Service Agreement Executed
with Garver USA Pg. 88
|Traffic Counts: 100% Completed|
|Topographic Survey/Design Survey: 80% Completed|
|Conceptual Design: Estimated completion Summer 2022|
|June 20, 2022|
Contract executed with Reynolds Asphalt and Construction Co. for Bailey Road, Hooper Road, and Anthony Lane asphalt street repairs Pg. 30
|July 18, 2022|
*Asphalt overlay project begins on Bailey Road and Anthony Lane
*Please note that this project is not funded by the bond.
Bond 2021 Committee Members
The City Council appointed the following individuals to serve on the Bond 2021 Committee at its March 1, 2021 regular meeting:
- Tim Shivers
- Lindsay Buhler
- Brad Ford
- John McKinney
- Charles Elk
- Josh Ackles
- Scott McMurdie
Bond 2021 Committee Meeting Schedule,
Agendas, Minutes, and Presentations
- Monday, March 29 at 6:30 p.m.
- Monday, April 12 at 5:15 p.m.
- Monday, May 24 at 6:30 p.m.
- Bond Committee Meeting Packet:
- Tuesday, July 13, at 6 p.m.
Information Presented to Sachse City Council
- To view copies of the presentations provided to the City Council about the Bond 2021 process, please click the corresponding meeting below:
- Monday, March 2, 2020 *
- Monday, March 1, 2021
- Monday, March 15, 2021
- Monday, July 26, 2021 (City Council's Budget Workshop)
- Monday, August 2, 2021
- Monday, August 16, 2021
- Monday, November 15, 2021
- Ordinance officially canvassing the election results
Public Input Opportunities
Zoom Live Q&A
City staff hosted a series of meetings via Zoom where residents can ask questions or provide input about the Bond 2021 process. The Zoom meetings were offered at different times throughout the day to give residents an opportunity to attend at a time that works best with their schedules. The meeting schedule is listed below for reference.
- Thursday, April 22 from 5 - 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, May 1 from 9 - 10:00 a.m.
- Friday, May 7 from 9 - 10:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, May 19 from 11a.m. -12:00 p.m.
- Thursday, July 1, 2021 12 p.m. - 1 p.m.
- Thursday, July 8 7 - 8 p.m.
Email the City with Questions/Input
Residents can ask questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Digital Version of Citywide Mailer
The City recently sent out a citywide mailer notifying residents of the Bond 2021 process and provided them with information about how to get involved. Residents can view a digital copy of the mailers by clicking here.