- Adult Reading Challenge
Adult Reading Challenge
Download the Adult Reading Challenge 2023 Log
Step One: READ!
- Each month, read a book that follows the theme. Stumped for an idea? Check out our suggested titles or ask for recommendations on our Facebook group.
- Do you have a title in mind to fit the theme, but it’s not on the list? No problem! We want you to enjoy yourself while you explore genres and themes you might not normally pick. Read widely and have fun! (All titles should be adult or YA titles, no juvenile books please.)
Step Two: VISIT!
- Each month you read a book for the month’s theme, you may claim the reward for that month. You must visit the library to get your log stamped and claim your reward. One monthly reward per reader, while supplies last.
Step Three: SHARE!
- Connect with other readers by sharing what you're reading on social media! Join our Facebook group or simply use the hashtag #SPLAdultReadingChallenge2023.
- Not on social media? Simply stop by the front desk. We'd love to hear what you are reading each month!
Want a chance at the Grand Prize?
So simple! Get all 12 months stamped on time, turn in your completed logs by 6 p.m. on Friday, January 5, 2024, and you will be entered into our grand prize drawing. Good luck, and Happy Reading!
2023 Monthly Themes (Click for a list of each month's suggestions!)
|January - Book to Movie|
|February - Trope-Tastic! (Romance)|
|March - Animal Titles|
|April - New Authors|
|May - Chart Toppers|
|June - Staff Picks|
|July - Judge A Book By Its Cover!|
|August - Back to School: A book you read (or didn't!) in high school|
|September - Hispanic and Latino Authors|
|October - Villain's Perspective & Unreliable Narrators|
|November - First Book in a Series|
|December - The Best Time of the Year (Holidays)|