- Environmental Health
- Food Safety
All food service businesses must apply for a health permit from the City of Sachse, which must be displayed in a visible place. To apply please contact Environmental Health Services at 469.429.4788.
Sachse contracts with Dallas County Health and Human Services (DCHHS) to conduct periodic inspections of food establishments located within Sachse's city limits. Food establishments should be inspected twice a year by DCHHS. Contact DCHHS at 214.819.2115.
- Construction Standards for Food Establishments
- Grease Interceptors Requirement
- Accredited Food Handler Training Courses
- Texas Food Establishment Rules
At least one employee shall be a Certified Food Manager (CFM) on site for each food establishment. All food employees shall successfully complete an accredited food handler training course.
Temporary Food Permits/Mobile Food Permits
A Temporary Food Service Permit is required for all food vendors participating in a temporary, short term, event that is open to the public (Fall Festival, Festival, etc.). A Temporary Permit...
- is valid for a period not to exceed 14 days
- is NOT required for private events
- is NOT required for nonfood vendors
- fee is exempt for nonprofit/charitable events
A Mobile Vendor Permit is required for all mobile food vendors. Permit is valid for one year. Mobile food vendors...
- are self-contained motorized vehicles
- are either prepackaged or, food preparation
Farmers’ Markets are exempt from the requirements of a food service establishment and do not have to comply with the Texas Food Establishment Rules. Health authority may issue temporary food establishment permits to food vendors who sell potentially hazardous foods (time/temperature control).
229. 701-704 Farmer Market Rules
Please contact Environmental Health Services for more details at 469.429.4788.