Collin County Meals on Wheels Works in Sachse
Meals on Wheels and Senior Services of Collin County addresses senior hunger, a serious problem in our community and other communities across the U.S. They participate in National March for Meals campaign, intended to generate public awareness, recruit new volunteers and increase local fundraising. March 20th is Mayors for Meals Day. Mayor Mike Felix assisted Collin County Meals on Wheels by delivering meals to senior residents of Sachse. Mayor Felix would like raise awareness about the issue of senior hunger and generate interest for others to volunteer to the Meals on Wheels organization. The volunteer coordinator for our area is Patricia Clampitt. Ms. Clampitt can be reached at 972.562.6996, ext. 125.
Dallas County Nurse Visits
The Dallas County nurse visits the Senior Activity Center on the fourth Friday of each month from 9:30 am to 11:00 am. The nurse visits provide the following services:
- Free blood pressure and blood sugar readings
- Free cholesterol screenings during February and July visits each year
Other Health Programs
The Senior Activity Center also provides the following assistance and programs:
- Chair Exercise sessions - Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 9:00 am
- Special health programs and seminars throughout the year
- Fitness equipment available for use Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Senior Center Calendar of Events
April 2017 Calendar