The Dallas County Elections Department is changing the way voting will take place in Dallas County in the near future, including new voting equipment and Countywide Vote Centers. This will allow voters to vote conveniently during early voting and on election day no matter where you are in Dallas County.
Beginning November 5, 2019, Sachse residents within Dallas County will be able to vote at any designated Vote Center location during Early Voting and Election Day.
What are they and how do they work?
- Vote at your neighborhood precinct location or where you work, shop or go to school
- Vote Centers are Election Day polling locations where any registered voter may vote regardless of where they live.
- Vote Centers offer the convenience of Early Voting on Election Day.
- Currently on Election Day, voters must vote at their assigned precinct voting location, the goal is to improve access and increase turnout on Election Day
Why are Voting Centers Better?
- Increase voter convenience satisfaction and accessibility
- Continuation of same successful style of voting as during early voting
- Solves the confusion so many voters have about where their assigned election precinct is on Election Day.
- Reduces the costs of administering an election over time
- Increases the efficiency of collecting and counting votes
- Allows us to monitor and evaluate voter traffic on election day and use that to make better choices on how to serve our voters
- Ability to track wait time and redirect voters to other locations
More information including a look at their new equipment, visit: https://www.dallascountyvotes.org/countywide-polling-places/