Curbside Pickup & Delivery
Books, DVDs, and More Available for Curbside Pickup!
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Sachse Public Library has introduced a new Curbside Pickup service. You can request books, DVDs, and other items through our online catalog or the Librista app to pick up at the Library.
Curbside Pickup Hours: Tue - Sat 10 AM - 5 PM
How to Place Your Request
- Place the items on hold through the Library’s online catalog or using the Librista app. Click here for instructions on how to reserve items using the online catalog. If you are not sure of the specific items you would like to request, or if you require additional assistance, please call the library at 972-530-8966, or email your request to the Library Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 24 hours for Library staff to review your request and retrieve your items from the collection.
- Wait for a Library staff member to contact you by phone or email. We will contact you after we have retrieved your items from our collection and they are ready for you to pick up. The items will be checked out to your account prior to your arrival.
- Pick up your items from the Library. Please park in one of the marked parking spaces on the west side of the Library, on either side of the book return box. Call the Library at 972-530-8966 to let us know you are here. You will be asked to confirm your name and library card number. A library staff member will bring your items to your vehicle, and will place the items in the back seat, trunk, or on the ground next to your vehicle in order to maintain social distancing. Curbside Pickup service is available Tuesday-Saturday, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., and any items not picked up after 3 days will be checked-in and returned to the collection.
- Borrowers must have a Sachse Public Library card in good standing to request items using the Curbside Pickup. A Digital Library Card can not be used to check out physical items or request items through Curbside Pickup.
- Staff can not accept returned items or donations through Curbside Pickup. Please return all items to the Library’s book return boxes, which are located on the east side of the Library building and in the west parking lot. The Library is not accepting donated items at this time.
- Staff can not accept payments for library fines or fees, and can not issue library cards or renew items through Curbside Pickup. To renew your items or library card, please call the Library at 972-530-8966 or email the Library Manager at
- Some items, such as board games, are not available for Curbside Pickup. Due to their large size, these items will not fit into the Library’s book return boxes, and are not available for checkout at this time.