The City of Sachse operates under a council-manager form of government as approved by voters in 1986 through the adoption of the Home Rule Charter. The City Council Members are elected at-large for three years.
Terms for City Council expire as follows:
- Place 5, 6, and Mayor: May 2019 (Incumbents: Cullen King, Jeff Bickerstaff, and Mike Felix)
- Place 3 and 4: May 2020 (Incumbents: Paul Watkins and Bill Adams)
- Place 1 and 2: May 2018 (Incumbents: Brett Franks and Charlie Ross)
According to the City of Sachse Charter, Article V. Section 5.02, a City Council candidate must:
- Be at least 21 years of age at the time of the election.
- Be a qualified voter.
- Reside within corporate limits of the city, or annexed territory, for at least six months prior to the filing deadline.
- Shall not be in arrears in payment of taxes or other liabilities due to the city.
- No candidate may file in a single election for more than one office or position.
Voting Precincts in Sachse
The City of Sachse is located in two counties, Dallas County and Collin County. Within these counties the city is divided into precincts.
The three voting precincts in Dallas County are: Precinct(s) 2940, 2941, 2942
The three voting precincts in Collin County are: Precinct(s) 144, 153, 170
Questions or concerns? Please email Michelle Lewis Sirianni, City Secretary.
November 2017 Special Election
Authorizing the creation of the City of Sachse Municipal Development District and the imposition of a sales and use tax at the rate of one-fourth (1/4) of one percent for the purpose of financing development projects beneficial to the district.
The legal sale of all alcoholic beverages for off-premise consumption only.
May 2017 General Election
The Sachse City Council canvassed the election on Monday, May 15, 2017.
|Candidates||Early Voting||Election Day||Total Votes||%|
May 2017 Special Election
A local sales and use tax in the City of Sachse, Texas, at the rate of one-fourth of one percent to provide revenue for the maintenance and repair of municipal streets.
|Early Voting||Election Day||Total Votes||%|
*Election results are not official until City Council conducts the canvass of the election returns.