CWD provides the City's waste, bulk, and recycle service. Customer Service Representatives are ready to assist you with cart repair, damages/spills, questions, complaints and accolades. W'e're available weekdays: 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. and Saturdays: 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.at (972) 392-9300, option 2.
View the interactive map to determine your designated collection day. Check the schedule above for information about holidays and collection schedules for 2020.
Basic Service Includes:
- Trash collection once/week (Grey polycart)
- Recycle collection once a week (Blue polycart)
- Bulk waste once monthly (six cubic yard limit) Six cubic yards would be about six washers side by side.
- Bundled brush once monthly (cannot exceed four feet by two feet nor weigh more than 40 pounds)
- To protect your property, the Driver will not service cart(s) if vehicles or other obstacles are positioned too close to the cart(s).
Household Hazardous Waste is not accepted curb side. Personal delivery to Dallas County Home Collection Center is available to Sachse residents.
Missed Collection? Contact CWD Customer Service within 24 hours at
(972) 392.9300, option 2.
Damaged trash or recycle cart? Contact CWD at (972) 392.9300, option 2. There is no cost for a replacement unless the damage was caused by fire.
Trash is collected in your Grey polycart every week.
- Carts must be set out by 7 a.m. on collection day for service between
7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- All trash must be placed in bags inside the Grey cart.
- Please ensure the trash cart and the recycle cart are separated by at least three feet, and three feet away from obstacles, such as mailboxes, fences, gas meters, and drainage ditches.
- Position carts with the wheels toward the residence.
Additional Trash polycarts
- Place all items out no later than 7 a.m. on your designated collection day for service between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- All recyclables must be empty, clean*, and dry and placed loosely inside the blue recycle cart. *Rinsing recyclable product is recommended to boost quality of the end commodity.
- Recycling polycart should be placed at least three feet from your trash polycart and three feet away from obstacles such as mailboxes, fences, gas meters and drainage ditches. Position the carts with the wheels toward the residence.
Additional Recycling polycarts
Acceptable Recycling Items
|Paper||Ream wrappers||Water bottles||Aluminum beverage cans||Glass|
|Newspaper||File folders||Soda bottles||Food cans|
|Envelopes||Poster board||Plastic containers #1-5 and #7|
|Junk mail||Cardboard boxes|
|Wax-coated Paper drink containers|
Unaccepted Recycling Items include food and wet waste; plastic bags and packaging; grass clippings; paper, plastic and Styrofoam servicing items; paper towels, facial and toilet tissue; shredded paper. Please DO NOT BAG your recyclable items prior to putting them in your cart.
BULK and BUNDLED BRUSH - Front curb only
Bulk and brush will be collected once a month, on your regular collection day, either the week of the second or fourth Monday of the month. View the map to determine your designated collection day. View the CWD brochure for more details.
- Bulk is limited to six (6) cubic yards
- Bundled brush is unlimited when less than 40 pounds per bundle and does not exceed four feet by two feet.
- All bulk and brush items should be placed at your front curb, even if you place your carts in the alley, no later than 7 a.m. on your designated service day during your scheduled bulk and brush week.
Acceptable Bulky Waste
- Toys and Yard Tools tagged as "Bulk Item"
- Bundled Carpet in 4 foot lengths
- Fence panels No Larger than 4' X 6'
- Washing Machines, Dryers, Water Heaters and Kitchen Appliances
- Refrigerators/Freezers (must be tagged certifying removal of refrigerants)
Prohibited Bulky Waste
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)
- Tires, batteries and propane tanks
- Additional trash bags
- Loose construction and remodeling debris
- Loose household debris
- Debris must be placed in a box or other disposable container no larger than 2' X 2' X 4' and weighing no more than 50 pounds.
Special Scheduled Pickup
A special pickup can be scheduled with CWD Customer Service,
(972) 392-9300, option 2, when bulk/brush exceeds the size parameters. Please note an additional cost is accessed directly by CWD for this service.
Bulk Trash Schedule and Interactive Map
- Bulk trash in Sachse is collected on your normal trash pick-up day, on either the week of the second Monday or the week of the fourth Monday, depending on which zone you reside in.
- The 2021 collection schedule is listed below for reference.
- In addition, the City worked with CWD to provide an interactive trash collection map for residents. Residents can simply enter their addresses into the interactive map to get more information about their upcoming collection.
Special Handling/Carry Out Service Available
A trash and recycling carry out service is available for temporarily or permanently disabled occupants who are physically unable to deliver carts to the curb. To be eligible for this service, the customer must have no one else residing in the household or employed by the resident capable of carrying the trash/recycling carts to the curb or alley, and the disability statement of the application form must be completed by a licensed physician. All eligible, completed original applications should be mailed, faxed, or emailed to the City of Sachse Utility Department. 3815-B Sachse Road, Sachse, TX 75048. Phone: (469) 429-4765; Fax: (972) .495-9356; Email for processing the service.
Disabled Carry Out Service Applications must be resubmitted annually from the date of the original application for all temporary disabling conditions. Failure to submit renewal will be considered notice to discontinue this service.